Replacing your toilet isn't a pleasant task, so if you want to be around it for as little as possible it's important to get it done right the first time. Once you have your new toilet, you're going to need a seal ring. Without a high-quality seal, gasses and other unpleasant elements can make their way out of the pipes and into your bathroom and no one wants that. Now, there are two main types of seal rings: wax and waxless. Wax has been the standard for years, providing exemplary service year after year and waxless is a more modern equivalent. This time around, we're going to address the wax toilet seal. If you're a year-round full timer, then the wax seal is for you.
Wax is the preferred method for full timers because it's so long lasting, often keeping up for 20-30 years without needing to be changed. The permanent nature of the seal makes for a care-free option, as it provides a watertight seal that forces water and waste from the toilet directly into the drain. Wax toilet rings in an RV, however, are better for those rigs that are temperature-controlled and are used year-round. This is because the wax could soften from extreme heat and vibration, and could end up needing to be replaced because of this. In the end, wax toilet rings are perfect for RVs that are climate-controlled and stationary.
This wax toilet ring is an upgrade from the Dometic 310 toilet seal. It won't erode or deteriorate from wear and tear as foam could, releasing noxious and nauseous fumes into your RV. Made for all floor and most wall type toilet bowls, it fits 3" and 4" waste lines, ensuring a snug fit between the bowl and the flange. Impervious to water, oil, acid, and sewer gas, it forms a watertight, gas-tight, and odor-tight seal.
Have any questions? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team today!
- Dimensions: 5-3/8" Outer Diameter, 2-3/4" Inner Diameter, 1-1/2" Overall thickness
- Made for all floor and most wall type toilet bowls
- Fits 3" and 4" waste lines
- Ensures snug fit between bowl and flange
- Forms a watertight, gas-tight, and odor-tight seal
- Impervious to water, oil, acid, and sewer gas
- Ultra hygienic - will not support bacteria
- Conforms to Federal Specification TT-P-A
- Recommended for seasonal use and/or use in cooler climates.
- High temperatures may cause this to melt and warp