Furniture Care Guide
Everything is susceptible to wear and tear. Time marches onward and shows mercy to nothing. Even our Suprima® Fabric eventually succumbs to the effects of wear and tear, despite being made with tough, damage-resistant materials. Thankfully, you can help stave off wear and tear and extend the life of your upholstery with proper Suprima® Fabric cleaning and care!
Cleaners and Protectants
For starters, you can help keep your Suprima® Fabric in top condition by using our RecPro Interior Cleaner. Our RecPro Interior Cleaner is a gentle, biodegradable cleaner that is excellent for materials such as our Suprima® Leather and Suprima® Cloth fabrics. It is water-based and free of alcohol and ammonia. Simply apply a light spray and wipe it off!
If you want to take good care of your Suprima® Leather, you will also want to use our RecPro Leather Care Conditioner and Protectant. As with our interior cleaner, this leather protectant is water-based, biodegradable, and free of ammonia and alcohol. Our leather protectant is designed to restore and protect both leather and vinyl, making it perfect for your Suprima® Leather. It creates a long-lasting barrier that repels dust and dirt and protects against drying and cracking from UV rays. Best of all, it leaves no oily residue on your upholstery!
Don’t want to use cleaners or protectants on your Suprima® Fabrics? No worries! You can also help keep your upholstery clean and vibrant by wiping it down with a dry or slightly damp cloth every 3 to 6 months. Sweat, bodily oils, and other secretions should be cleaned regularly to avoid staining and odor.
Do not use the following to clean your Suprima® Fabric:
- Cleaners containing ammonia or alcohol
- Rubbing alcohol
- Corrosive cleaners
- Household cleaners containing harsh chemicals
Usage of any of these products may cause irreparable damage to your Suprima® fabrics and will void your warranty.
Cleaning your upholstery every few months and using protectants and cleaners goes a long way in helping your fabric last longer. But there are a few other things you can do to help keep your upholstery strong and vibrant.
- If you spill something on your Suprima® Fabric, you should immediately clean up the spill, even if it is just water. Dry the spot as best you can and clean with either a slightly damp cloth or our Interior Cleaner.
- Avoid placing your furniture in a place with high temperatures or where it will be exposed to direct sunlight. High temperatures can cause synthetic leather, such as our Suprima® Leather, to dry out and crack. Extensive exposure to direct sunlight can cause the color of your Suprima® Fabric (both the Cloth and Leather) to fade.
- Do not allow pets to climb on your furniture, no matter how cute they look when they beg. The claws of your dog, cat, or other pet can puncture or tear up the fabric. Nervous animals, such as smaller dogs, may accidentally urinate or defecate on the upholstery. It is also worth noting that animal fur and dandruff will have an easier time clinging to the furniture if allowed on, resulting in odor and allergies.
- You can add some pillows or use a blanket to cover up your upholstery for extra protection. This will reduce friction and stress on the Suprima® Fabric, extending its life.
Our Suprima® Fabric is more durable than most competing fabrics on the market. Despite this strength, failure to properly clean and care for your fabric can result in damage, stains, odor, fading and may void your warranty. With a bit of tender loving care, your Suprima® Fabric can last you years!
Our Suprima® Fabrics come with a 3-year limited warranty. The limited warranty covers normal wear and tear but excludes damage or staining from:
- Abuse or misuse of the product
- Failure to follow the above proper Suprima® Leather/Cloth care and cleaning guidelines
- Allowing the stained product to remain uncleaned for more than 24 hours after staining
- Exposure to non-food or non-beverage substances
- Including but not limited to pet stains, paints, dyes, bleaches, bodily fluids, inks, caustic chemicals, crayons, shoe polish, insecticides, and more
- Damage related to pets
- Including but not limited to scratches, claw marks, punctures
- Exposure to vegetable oil-based products or foods/beverages that contain strongly colored natural disperse dyes
- Sustained exposure to direct sunlight, UV lights, high temperatures, and/or arid climates
Keeping your Brisa fabric clean and vibrant is far easier than you may believe. Regular cleaning can help prevent excessive dirt and dust build-up, while immediate cleaning of stains and spills can help prevent stains from setting in.
To keep your Brisa fabric clean:
- Clean up spills as soon as they happen
- Clean using clean water and soap
- Sanitize with a gentle disinfectant
- Gently wipe with isopropyl alcohol for stubborn stains
- Rinse off all cleaners/soap residue with water
- Allow to air dry
These cleaning tips are not a guarantee. Ensure that you use any cleaning or disinfectants safely, and follow the cleaning instructions they provide.
Concerning Inks and Stains: Some clothing and accessories can potentially contain dyes that are able to transfer onto lighter colors, depending on temperature and humidity. Transfer of dyes cannot always be prevented and can be irreversible in the event that it occurs. The fabric may not resist intentional stains or permanent inks.
UltraFabrics® Brisa® Care Tips
One of the most effective ways to keep your Brisa fabric looking stunning and vibrant for years to come is with proper care. Thankfully, caring for your Brisa fabric is very easy, as it is built using super strong and durable material that can resist tears, cuts, and punctures. With this durability and a little help, your Brisa fabric can last you years. Here are a few care tips!
- Do not allow pets (especially larger, heavier pets) on your furniture, as their claws can scratch, scuff, tear, or even puncture the fabric.
- Cover your furniture with a sheet, a blanket, towel, or a few pillows to reduce wear on the Brisa® fabric.
- Avoid placing your furniture in a place where it will be exposed to high temperatures or excessive exposure to sunlight/UV light.
- If you spill a beverage or other liquid on your furniture, wipe up the spill immediately with a dry cloth or paper towel, then follow the cleaning instructions mentioned above.
UltraFabrics® Brisa® Warranty
With regular care and cleaning, your Brisa fabric can last you a long time, giving you years of enjoyment with little effort. Our Brisa furniture comes with a 5-year limited warranty. This limited warranty covers normal wear and tear but does NOT cover damage or staining from the following:
- Product misuse or abuse
- Failure to follow proper care/cleaning guidelines
- Allowing the stained product to remain uncleaned for more than 24 hours after the stain occurs
- Damage from pets such as scratches, claw marks, or punctures
- Exposure to vegetable oil based products or foods containing strongly colored dyes
- Excessive exposure to sunlight, UV light, high temperatures, and arid climates
- Exposure to non-food or non-beverage substances, including but not limited to:
- Pet stains
- Hair dyes
- Shoe polish
- Nail polish
- Caustic/corrosive chemicals
- Acne medications
- Drain cleaners
- Plant food
- Bodily fluids and substances