If you have ever been unfortunate enough to have the power go out in your home and were stuck like that for a long time, then you know how much of a luxury hot water can be. Many people take having hot water for granted, but any RV enthusiast knows how much of a blessing hot water can be. If your old RV water heater is on its last legs, or you feel like making an upgrade to your RV water system, our tankless water heater is a perfect choice.
Take note of the word "tankless" in that last sentence. This tankless design means that there is no need to wait for a water tank to warm up, and you will not have to fear running out of warm water halfway through your shower. Our tankless water heater provides you with a steady stream of hot water that you can use whenever you need, without wasting time waiting for a water tank to warm up. This unit is simple to operate and provides you with a great degree of convenience during your travels. This machine is totally controlled through a handheld microcomputer, making controlling your hot water super easy. All you have to do is adjust the temperature and press go to get the hot water you desire! Please do not throw away that manual, though, as it can be very helpful for any fault codes that might pop up. As the water begins making its way through the tankless water heater, it starts up. It ignites the propane gas to bring your water to your preferred temperature so that you can enjoy a nice warm shower on a cold morning. The computer system ensures that the performance of the tankless water heater is safe and reliable from start to finish, with several safeguards to keep you and your RV safe.
Inside the control device is a microcomputer that gives you control over the tankless water heater's water, electricity, and gas. It maintains the water temperature to your preferred level so you can have that extra bit of comfort during your travels. The control device can show you the current temperature as well as the target temperature in either Celsius or Fahrenheit. There are displays for various fault codes and indicators for the flame, shower, blower, and power. The power, Celsius and Fahrenheit options, and temperature adjustment are all used via buttons on the control device. This innovative yet straightforward controller makes keeping your water at the perfect temperature more effortless than ever before. Just make sure that you put it somewhere specific so that you do not end up losing it!
Safety Measures and Extra Features
Our tankless water heater has several features that you will be amazed by.
- This water heater is designed with a forced exhaust structure. This structure is what keeps air safe and clean before and after it goes through the combustion chamber. Included is a dust net, which helps prevent dust, dirt, and other unwanted debris from getting inside the tankless water heater.
- Also featured is a low water pressure startup. This practical design aspect provides the heater with a bit of protection while making it easier to use.
- Flame-out protection is another feature of this tankless water heater that you will enjoy. If the water heater's flame gets snuffed out while the heater is being used, it automatically turns off so that propane gas does not leak out and fill your RV. This is an excellent safety feature that can protect you from potentially dangerous situations.
- There is a pressure valve on the water inlet side to allow water to drain out if the water pressure is too high going into the unit.
- You will also notice a speed change and wind resistance function. This particular function increases the fan's speed, eliminating harmful gasses if a blockage forms and the smoke becomes blocked. If the fan reaches a certain speed, the system will kill the gas and flame as a safety measure.
- Also featured are water and gas linkage controls. With no water flowing, or if the water outlet valve is shut, the water heater will automatically shut down. This can help to prevent unnecessary damage.
- A frost protection function is also integrated into our tankless water heater. If the temperature of the water in the pipe gets down to 43°F or lower, the display will show a code. The heater will then start running in order to warm it up. Once the water reaches 90°F, it will shut off once again; however, you should wait a minimum of 3 minutes before testing it. This function is only useable when the tankless water heater is connected to both propane and 12V power.
- Lastly, a fault auto-diagnosis and fault code display further grace the design of this water heater for greater utility. This function governs and keeps track of different components and safety devices, making sure that everything is operating as it should. If a problem occurs, a code will display, letting you quickly discover what the problem is so that it can be fixed. The code is expressed as a letter followed by a number (ex. D5), and you can refer to your manual to see what the code means. This function helps keep you safe and makes it easy to know when your heater needs fixing or maintenance.
Optional Pressure Relief Valve and Backflow Preventer
RV Backflow Preventer:
- 1/2" Size
- Material: Brass
- Drinking water safe
- Installed before the water heater
- Prevents potential backflow from the water heater into the freshwater system
Pressure relief valve:
- 3/4" Size
- 4" Epoxy-coated probe
- Material: Brass
- Inlet connection type: national pipe tapered
- Outlet connection type: MNPT
- Outlet connection size: 0.5 inches
- Protects water heater from excessive water temperatures and pressure
- Factory pre-set to 150PSI and 210 degrees Fahrenheit
- CSA certified
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Crafted with epoxy-coated probes to prevent corrosion buildup
- Tankless water heater
- Instant heating abilities
- Fuel type: LP (Propane)
- 6 Gallon Door Dimensions: 15"H x 15"W
- 10 Gallon Door Dimensions: 15"H x 18 3/4"W
- Temperature range: 95°F - 123°F
- Dimensions (Front panel): 15" H x 15"W
- Dimensions (Back section): 12.7" H x 12.7" W x 13.8" D
- Dimensions (Entire unit): 14.3" D
- Applicable water pressure: 14.5-116 PSI
- Automatic ignition
- Heat exchanger is made of copper
- (1) Water outlet and (1) inlet
- (1) Gas inlet
- Gas inlet measures 3.8" from the bottom
- Power port measures 7.42" from the bottom
- (1) Flat lock
- Air inlet grilles
- (1) Decorative ring
- With wired controller with power, temperature, and Celsius-to-Fahrenheit controls
- Low water pressure startup
- Flameout protection
- Forced exhaust structure
- Speed changing and wind resistance function
- Water and gas linkage control
- Fault auto-diagnosis and fault code display
- Amount of water coming out of the heater depends on the amount of water put into the water heater
- 12V DC
- 20 Watts
- Approx 1.6A
- BTUs: 42000
- Single stage
If the temperature of the water flowing into the water heater is less than 43°F or higher than 90°, the water heater will not heat the water. If the water in the pipes is colder than 43°, it is recommended to use tank and tubing heater pads to heat the water before it reaches the water heater.
At higher altitudes, this unit will have two problems: the thermal efficiency will decrease and the power will be lost, and the insufficient combustion will lead to worse combustion conditions, substandard combustion emissions, or abnormal ignition. Above 4,000 ft elevation, this unit will lose 4% of its BTU for every 1,000 ft above this height.
The temperature of your water will come out cooler than the set temperature on the water heater due to heat dissipating as it travels through your water lines.
*Failure to winterize your tankless water heater will void warranty*
*The tankless water heater is NOT designed to prevent your pipes from freezing in low-temperature conditions.*
*Insulation and heat tape are needed to utilize water heater in freezing conditions.*
Any big appliance, especially those that use propane, should be approached with safety in mind. It is recommended to speak with a professional when installing a water heater or have them install it for you. Doing so helps reduce any risks and ensures that the unit is installed correctly. Additionally, you want to be sure that you install a pressure relief valve before the water inlet, as this can avoid damage caused by too much pressure building up. Do not store or use propane fuel or other flammable gases and materials near the water heater. When winter comes around, make sure that the heater is drained of all water.
Waiting for your water to heat up so that you can take a shower is a thing of the past, thanks to this tankless water heater. Easy to use, durable, and all-around fantastic functionality, this tankless water heater can make any RV trip one that is far more enjoyable. Have any questions, or feel any concerns? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team, who will be happy to assist you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why isn't my water getting hot? A: The water flow may be too large, the temperature regulation may not be set high enough, or the inlet temperature of the outside environment is too cold.
Q: What's the minimum amount of water pressure to run the unit? A: This water heater can start with under 0.1MPa water pressure or 0.66 gal/min water flow.
Q: How much hot water per minute can this heater produce? A: The efficiency of this heater is dependent on the temperature of the water at the inlet. Warmer water can get through the heater, whereas cold water will take longer to heat up. Please refer to the chart:
|Inlet water temperature (°F)|| |
(Gallons per Minute)
Q: How much does this water heater weigh? A: 20.3 pounds
Q: How do you descale the water heater? A: Use a detergent such as citric acid, a water temperature of 50°C, then run the circulation for 20 minutes.
Q: Is the heater CSA verified? A: Yes, it is CSA verified
Q: How long does it take before the water heats up? A: About 15 seconds
Q: How do the doors connect to the heater? A: The door is hinged to the water heater
Q: Is this water heater equipped with an oxygen depletion safety shutoff device? A: This water heater includes flame-out protection devices to prevent gas leakages
Q: What is the country of origin of the products? A: China