Having an outlet on the outside of your RV can come in really handy. With an outside outlet, you can have easier access to power for your grill, lights, and other electronics. There's just one big problem with having an outlet on the outside of your RV: water. Water is the famous enemy of electricity, and not because it gets everywhere. When water finds its way into an electrical outlet, whether from a storm, from morning dew, or from the water fight with your kids that occurred the night before, it causes serious problems. Water can act as a conductor of electricity, which is not something you want in an electrical outlet. Water could cause the outlet to stop working while keeping the wires connected to the outlet live and electrified. If you were to try and plug something into the outlet, it could result in a short circuit, which could melt wires, cause the power to go out, and even lead to an electrical fire. If you were to touch the outlet itself, you could suffer from an electrical shock, something that can range from pain to burns to even death. The majority of shocks are relatively harmless, but if you are using a high voltage outlet, this could not be the case. To keep this from happening, it's important to protect your outlet from water and the elements. The best way to do this is with an outlet cover such as this one.
Measuring 3" by 4 3/4" by 3/4" deep, this outlet cover is made of high-quality, durable thermoplastic material. Resistant to high impact and sunlight, this cover is non-corrosive and non-conductive. The cover is spring-loaded and will automatically close after being opened, keeping your outlets safe from water damage while not in use. The outlet cover is non-metallic and comes in three colors: Black, Gray, and White. It comes with 4 mounting screws with a padded backing to help make the installation sturdy and secure. The mounting holes are not pre-drilled.
Have any questions? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team today!
- Dimensions: 3" x 4 3/4" x 3/4"D
- Tough thermoplastic construction
- Resistant to high impact and sunlight
- Gasket provided seals both device openings and edges
- Spring-loaded, self-closing lid
- UL Listed for wet locations with the cover closed
- For GFCI/ Decorator receptacle used in wet locations
- Horizontal flush or surface flush mount
- Weatherproof receptacle covers
- Protects against rain, snow, and ice
- Color: Black, White, or Gray
- Comes with 4 mounting screws
- Padded backing to assist in creating a solid seal
- ** Mounting holes do not come pre-drilled**