RV Awning Roller Cradle Support
RV awnings are great for providing shade and protection from inclement weather when traveling around in your rig, which allows you to spend more time outdoors comfortably. Awnings may be attached to the side of your RV, travel trailer, or fifth wheeler and are extended out to provide overhead protection or are retracted for driving and storage. Most awnings are made from vinyl or acrylic fabric wrapped around a long rod that rolls in and out. While these fabrics provide many benefits (UV protection, mold/mildew resistance, etc.), they can be quite heavy. Awnings are supported on both ends but not in the center. Over time, the weight of the fabric and stress experienced during travel can cause the supporting rod to bend in the middle, which will impact functionality. RecPro offers a proactive solution to this problem with our awning center support piece.
An awning center support is designed to reduce bouncing and flexing as you are driving and helps to support the weight of the awning material when retracted. The support head pivots to automatically receive and release the roller when the awning is being operated. This item has a universal design that supports all brands of RV awnings but is not recommended for awnings with a metal shield cover. Our awning center supports are available in black or white finish.
- Center support bracket prevents awning from bending during travel and allows for smooth operation
- Universal design supports all brands of RV awning (not recommended for awnings with metal shields)
- Sturdy metal construction
- Pivoting support head receives and releases the roller when the awning is being opened and closed
- Includes all fasteners needed for installation (2 screws for main support bracket, 4 screws for base plate)
- Base plate installation requires metal drilling (drill bits and drill not included)
- Main mounting piece footprint: 5⅞” x 1¼”
- Base plate dimensions: 6⅞” x 3⅛”
- Net weight: 0.6lbs
Our awning center support is easy enough to install yourself, though some drilling is required (drill, drill bits not included). The main mounting piece is pre-drilled with six holes, allowing you to choose the most stable positioning for the two bracket fastener screws. The extra-support base plate has four holes pre-drilled in the corners for mounting but will need holes drilled depending on where you place your screws on the main bracket piece. Fastening hardware (2 screws for main support bracket, 4 for base plate) is included.
This simple fix will help increase the life of your awning and avoid costly repairs or replacements down the road. Please don’t wait until it is too late; order an awning center support today.