RV Air Conditioner Low Profile 13.5K Quiet AC with Heat Pump, Remote, Non-Ducted
- Coronavirus Update Shipping might be delayed
Summer is the perfect time for taking an RVing trip. Whether you love to visit the ocean, park your rig at an RV park, or boondock in the middle of nowhere, summer is a terrific time to do so. One of the big concerns with camping during the warmer seasons, however, is hot warm it can get. In an RV, the small space can make heat and humidity feel even worse than it is. While you can open your windows and turn on a fan, this will only do so much and can leave you feeling stifled and overheated. If you really want to cool your rig and yourself down, then an RV air conditioner is the way to go. The problem with most RV AC units is that it's loud, sucks up energy, and just doesn’t work as well as you want it to. We've thought about this problem and have come up with a solution. This RV air conditioner is significantly quieter than most RV AC units, leaving you cooler without the noise. It also uses fewer amps, saving you energy and money. Finally, with the high-quality skill and manufacturing put into this unit, you get great temperature quality to keep you comfortable and cool all throughout the summer season.
This RV air conditioner measures 33 1/2" wide by 8 13/16" high by 44 3/16" deep for the outdoor unit and 20 5/16" wide by 1 15/16" high by 22 5/8" deep for the ceiling assembly. Using 115V power, it weighs about 99 pounds and has a maximum airflow of 318 CFM. Non-ducted to allow for easier setup and use, this RV AC unit comes with a remote control that allows you to change the settings and speed of the unit from the comfort of your couch. With other models, you would have to climb up to your AC unit and manually adjust the knobs and buttons. With this remote, though, you can say goodbye to that task. And the comfort doesn't stop at the remote either. One of the big drawbacks to a lot of AC units is that they are loud and annoying. With a low decibel level of 59.7 at the highest indoors (which is about the volume of a washing machine or a gentle rain), this RV air conditioner is quiet and low noise, leaving you relaxed and unbothered. No longer does your TV or stereo have to fight with the AC unit to be heard. And no longer do you have to yell just for your friend to hear you speak. In addition to the convenience of the low sound, the low amperage of the unit means you have less to worry about when plugging in your appliances. Instead of having to choose between the microwave and the AC unit, you can choose both at the same time. As a plus, you don't need a start-up capacitor with this RV AC model. To add to this efficiency, this RV AC model comes with a directional air tube inside of the unit that solidly connects the outer unit to the inner plenum unit. For many AC models, there is space between the top and bottom unit. When the air is pushed from the top unit to the bottom unit, the air loses much of the quality in this empty space. With the directional tube in this model, the top is connected to the bottom, providing a solid path for the air to follow, preserving the temperature and quality so that you can have the best temperature quality possible. Coming in the colors of black and white, it fits any RV color scheme and has a simple, sleek look. If you're looking for an RV air conditioner unit that's quiet, high efficiency, and has terrific temperature quality, you've found just the model for you.
Why choose this model? Well, the answers are simple and numerous.
- This isn't just a cheap rooftop AC unit. Unlike other models that are made of cheap plastic that has been molded to shape around the unit, these are made from high-quality, tough plastic built to withstand what life throws at it. In warmer climates, other models of air conditioning units can melt from the heat. Not this one. Built tough and built durable, this AC unit will last you through a good many adventures.
- The remote that is included with the model allows you to control the temperature and settings of the unit from the comfort of your couch. Are you worried that you'll lose it? We've thought of that, too. Along with the remote is a wall carrier for the remote. Simply place it in an easy to reach location and rest the remote in it. The digital display on the inner plenum unit of the air conditioner allows you to control it without the remote as well, just in case you really do lose the remote.
- There are many amazing features on this RV AC unit, however, one of the best ones is the dehumidifying feature. Helping you control the amount of humidity that's inside of your RV, this air conditioning unit doesn't just keep you cool.
- The second amazing feature to pay attention to is the temperature monitoring system. If you like to leave the AC unit on while you sleep, you can often wake up to a freezing room. Because our bodies are naturally cooler when we sleep, leaving on the air conditioner can make your morning feel like ice. To prevent this, the air conditioning unit has a temperature monitoring system that senses the temperature of the surrounding air and adjusts to accommodate whatever temperature you've set it to, keeping you comfortable even through the night.
- Most RV air conditioning units blow the air from the top unit through the space between them and out of the bottom unit without a tube to control the air. With the air moving around in the space between, it loses some of the temperature quality and cleanliness. With the directional tube in this model, the airflow is controlled to provide optimal temperature quality and cleanliness.
- The low amp draw on this model enables it to not only keep your energy use lower than other models, but it allows you to use more than just the AC unit at one time. For other models that have a higher amp draw, you have to think about how many appliances are on that circuit, as the circuit breaker can only handle so much. With the low amp draw of this model, however, you have more room for other appliances. Saving you power and frustration, it's definitely the best model for energy efficiency.
- Because of the directional air tube, the high-quality design, and the efficient cooling and temperature control system, this AC unit produces air that is of very high quality. Temperature and humidity-controlled for your desired environment, you can feel the difference with this model.
- Perhaps the most important feature of this air conditioning unit is the noise level. Many of the models that come with your RV are loud and a bit obnoxious. Even those that you replace it with can be loud enough for you to notice it. This model, however, only produces 59.7 decibels of sound when on high. For reference, that's about as loud as a gentle rain; not loud at all. With this low sound level, you can relax in your RV, have a conversation, or watch your movie, all without competing with the AC unit.
- Finally, this unit is of a lower profile, creating a sleek aesthetic that preserves space and height, lending more room for other things or simply keeping your RV under the height limit of your area.
When it comes to air conditioner maintenance, the most important part is the return air filter. It's vital that you keep this piece in good condition. To maintain it, check the filter weekly and wash it with warm water and a little detergent if it looks dirty. Let the filter dry and place it back into the unit. Making sure it’s cleaned will ensure that your heating and cooling system is effective. Another part that needs to be checked is the bolts holding the unit on. After the first three months, just check if they are stable and if not, tighten them. After this point, the bolts should be checked yearly. Finally, if you only use your AC unit occasionally, turn it on for a while every six months to keep it in working order.
With all of the amazing qualities of this RV air conditioner, you may be tempted to rely solely on it to keep your RV cool. There are a few tips, however, that will help to keep you cool and lessen the strain on your air conditioner. First, close all the doors, windows, and skylights. Or course this doesn't quite work if there is a nice breeze, but if the outside is blazing hot, you don't want it to make its way inside. Next, close the curtains and open up the awning to keep the heat of the sun from warming up your RV interior. If possible, park under a shady area. Cook outside when possible to keep the cooking from warming up your rig. To keep the energy usage down and leave more for the air conditioning unit, turn off any unnecessary appliances and, rather than turning the AC unit off during the cooler parts of the day, simply turn it down. This prevents frequent starting and stopping. If you know an upcoming day is going to be specifically hot, turn the AC unit on during the cooler parts of the morning so it can adjust to the temperature gradually instead of immediately working on high speed. With these tips, you can keep your RV air conditioner working better for longer and keep yourself and your RV cooler.
RV air conditioning units also work very well when paired with an RV vent fan. By placing an AC unit on one end of your rig and a fan at the other end, you can create an air flow to even out the temperature and keep the air cleaner. If you only push air in, then you could end up with some smells gathering in your space. This is especially true of the kitchen. Because of the food and spices and cooking that is done there, you often have smells, humidity, and heat piling up in that area. With a fan to push that air out and an AC unit to replace that air with cool, clean air, you help to create a more relaxing RV interior feel.
- Installed weight: approx. 99 lbs.
- Outdoor unit dimensions: 33 1/2"W x 8 13/16"H x 44 3/16"D
- Plenum (ceiling assembly) unit dimensions: 20 5/16"W x 1 15/16"H x 22 5/8"D
- Direct replacement for 14" x 14" fan
- Colors: black and white
- Come with removable screen filters that can be cleaned and replaced
- Remote control with cooling, heating, dehumidifying, dry, sleep, and timing functions
- Ultra low plenum design and streamlined canopy design
- Easy to read LED display
- Easy to remove and clean air filter
- Lightweight UV stabilized polypropylene chassis and canopy able to withstand tough conditions
- PTC Soft Start technology allows for limited amps or generators in operation
- Temperature control for rooms up to 650 square feet
- Indoor High speed: 56
- Indoor Low speed: 47
- Outdoor: 67
- Power supply: 115V / 60Hz
- Refrigerant charged: R410A / 910g
- Rated cooling capacity: 13500BTU/H
- Rated heating capacity: 12000BTU/H
- Running Watts for Cooling : 1550W
- Running Watts for Heating : 1100W
- Rated current for cooling: 14A
- Rated current for heating: 10A
- Maximum power input: 1700W
- Maximum current: 15.5A
- Energy Efficiency Rating (EER): 7.94
- Maximum design pressure: 550PSIG
- Minimum design pressure: 236PSIG
- Maximum airflow: 318 CFM
- Recommended for space up to 650 Square Feet
**There is an extra $75 shipping charge for residential addresses**