Your propane system in your RV isn't something you should take for granted. With all of the various pieces and parts involved, there are a good amount of places where something could go wrong. If something does go wrong and you have a propane leak, you can find yourself in serious danger, both from the effects of the gas and from the fire risk. These leaks could come from loose fittings, tire blowouts that cut propane lines, animals biting through the lines, old lines that rupture under pressure, and damaged or melted lines from another accident. To prevent the spread of propane gas throughout your RV in the case of one of these events, you can use a shut off device. If you are using a flow limiter in your propane system, this will only shut off a small portion of the gas, which doesn't take you completely out of this propane leak situation. To fully keep your propane system and yourself safe, a full stop device is the best way to go.
This emergency shut off valve is the only device on the market that will automatically, mechanically, and completely shut off the flow of propane in the event of a major leak. Anywhere in the propane system, if a major leak is detected, this valve will shut off the flow of propane at the source (the propane cylinder), preventing any other gas from escaping.
For Class A and Class C RVs with built-in propane tanks, you would need a POL style connection, like this model. The fitting is a US POL G.9 fitting and fits to a standard ASME propane tank. The inlet pressure is 0.3-16 bar, the flow rate/capacity is 1.5 kg/h, and the working pressure ranges from 4PSIG to 250PSIG. It also includes a gas level indicator to let you know both how much gas is left and whether there is a minor leak, as you can see the level drop over time.
Keep your propane system safe with this shut off device and let your vacation continue worry free. Have any questions? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team today!
- Emergency Shut Off Valve for POL Type Connections
- 100% automatic shut off for major propane leaks
- Easy to install
- Easy to use
- Installs directly on ASME Tank
- Use only in a well-ventilated area
- Provides up to 19 feet of automatic major leak shut off protection at 90 PSIG of supply pressure
- Includes propane gas indicator
- May shut off the gas supply if the temperature drops to around freezing. In this event,tryand restore the gas flow by pumping the device 4-6 time
- Fitting: US-POL (G.9)
- Inlet pressure: 0.3-16 bar
- Flow rate/capacity: 1.5 kg/h
- Min working Pressure: 4PSIG
- Max Working Pressure: 250PSIG
- UL Listed
- Made in America
- *This is designed for major leak protection. It will not shut off in the case of a minor leak