Adjustable Trailer Hitch 8" Drop/Rise with 2" and 2 5/16" Dual Ball
Are you planning on towing a heavy load? Need to move a trailer loaded with junk or toys like a dirt bike? Are you planning on taking a road trip with your vehicle and a camper? Using your standard ball and hitch method of towing can work just fine, but it may also cause a few issues when trying to pull a heavy load. Thankfully, RecPro can help you out with our fantastic 2" Adjustable Hitch with 2 5/8" Balls!
Whenever you are towing, the weight of the trailer and its load press down on the hitch attached to your vehicle, transferring all of that weight and downward pressure onto your rear axle and tires. This is not an issue for lighter loads, but it can be when towing a heavier load. A heavy weight can press down so much on your rear axle that the front of your vehicle begins to lift upwards. The front of your vehicle having less weight and lifting upwards can cause severe issues for you as you travel. Some of these issues include a decreased ability to steer, less traction, decreased braking effectiveness, and more. Thankfully, these issues can be avoided easily with the assistance of our 2" Adjustable Hitch.
This 19.18lb adjustable hitch is ideal for a wide array of towing applications. The 7 height adjustable positions allow you to position the hitch ball up or down so that it is level with the coupling of your trailer. This will enable you to tow your trailer at an even level with your vehicle, and the hitch can be used in a raised or lowered position for extra versatility. Being able to tow your trailer even with your vehicle helps prevent the weight of the trailer from pressing down too hard on the rear of your vehicle, keeping the trailer from dropping low to the road and the front of your vehicle from rising.
The 2” adjustable hitch is constructed using heavy-duty steel. The heavy-duty steel lends this hitch a high level of durability so that it can give you a long life of reliable use. The steel is given a black coating that looks great and functions as a barrier between the metal and the elements. This barrier helps resist rust, corrosion, and other effects of the outdoor elements.
Included with our 2” adjustable hitch is a reversible hitch ball. This hitch ball has two sides to it, one with a 2" hitch ball, which offers a 7500lb towing capacity, and the other with a 2 5 ball that offers a 10,000lb towing capacity. This reversible hitch ball is also made of heavy-duty steel for excellent strength and long-lasting durability. It is also given a gleaming chrome spray finish that guards against rust and corrosion. Also included with this hitch are two 3” steel locking bolts and two Cotter pins that are used to lock the hitch ball in place.
Despite the solid heavy-duty steel design of the 2” adjustable hitch, you should never exceed the recommended weight capacity of your trailer tow coupling or your vehicles’ hitch receiver. Doing so can cause damage to your trailer, hitch, or vehicle hitch receiver.
When you have a 2" adjustable hitch from RecPro, towing and hauling your trailer and toys around becomes much easier. If you want to upgrade your towing setup with our adjustable hitch, use our website or call our friendly Customer Care Team. If you have any questions or concerns, you may reach out to us over the phone or online!
- 2" adjustable hitch
- Super durable steel construction
- The black coating looks great and resists rust and corrosion
- 10 1/2" high, 9 3/4" deep, 2 1/4" wide
- 2" and 2 5/16" hitch ball
- Strong, durable steel construction
- Surface spray resist rust and corrosion
- 2” ball offers a 7500lb towing capacity
- 2 5/16" ball offers a 10,000lb towing capacity
- 8 3/4" high, 5 1/2" deep, 2" wide
- 15" deep when fully assembled
- 7 height-adjustable positions
- It can be used in raised or lowered position
- 2 1/2" receiver shank with 16.5mm hole connects to the hitch receiver of your vehicle
- Two 3" locking pins with two steel Cotter pins lock the hitch ball to the hitch via the 16mm holes
- Allows you to tow your trailer at an even level with your vehicle
- A perfect fit for multiple towing jobs
- Do not exceed the recommended capacity of your trailer tow coupling or vehicle hitch receiver