You can't have hot water without a hot water heater. On your RV, this means no hot showers, no warm water to wash your hands, no hot water to wash the dishes, and if you use hot water for anything else, that goes away, too. If you don't take care of your hot water heater, you could find yourself in the position of losing all of the hot water you needed. One of the ways that you can prevent this from happening, though, is by taking care of your water heater with an anode rod. An anode rod works with your hot water heater by attracting all of the corrosive elements in the water and taking the hit instead of letting those corrosive elements corrode your hot water heater. Because the anode rod will corrode over time, it's a good idea to have an extra on hand or to at least be aware of where you can find a new one. And for that, look no further than right here.
This water heater magnesium anode rod is compatible with Atwood water heater tanks and measures 4 1/2" long. It is a magnesium rod, which is more effective than an aluminum zinc rod at attracting the corrosive elements. It is available in a pack of 2 rods and 1 roll of PTFE Thread Seal Tape, which helps to make sure the anode rod is sealed tight with your water heater. It's easy to install, prolongs the life of your water heater, and is drinking water safe.
Have any questions? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team today!
- Water Heater Magnesium Anode Rod
- Compatible with Atwood water heater tanks
- 1/2" NPT x 4 1/2" Anode Rod Magnesium
- 14 threads per inch
- Available in a pack of 2 rods and 1 roll PTFE Thread Seal Tape (12mm x 0.02mm x 5m)
- Able to save the tank from rusting using a chemical reaction called electrolysis
- Easy to install
- More efficient than aluminum zinc rods for attracting corrosive elements
- Prolongs the life of your water heater
- Protects your water tank against corrosion
- To install, use a 1 1/16" socket
- Use the included seal tape to tighten the screw, preventing looseness
- Drinking water safe
- Prop 65 for California residents