Your water heater in your RV can be a touchy thing, just like most of the internal components in the plumbing system. Something that can happen within the water heater itself, though, is corrosion. Because of the heat of the water, certain chemicals can lead to the material becoming corroded, adding a sulfur smell to the water and shortening the life of the water heater. Something many people use to lessen or prevent this corrosion is an anode rod.
This specific rod is a magnesium anode rod. Unlike aluminum anode rods, a magnesium rod will last longer and be more efficient at attracting these corrosive elements, thus keeping your water and your water heater in better condition. This model is compatible with Suburban and Mor-Flo. This model is available in a pack of 2 rods and one roll of PTFE Thread Seal Tape for a tighter seal. It's easy to install as well, making it easy to protect your water heater and replace them when it's time. To install it, use a 1 1/16" socket. This unit is drinking water safe, so you can still use the water heater to heat up water that will be used for drinking.
If you're worried about the life of your water heater or are looking for a replacement for your old anode rod, then you're in the right place. With this high quality and efficient magnesium anode rod with tape, you can keep your water and your water heater in better condition for longer.
Have any questions? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team today!
- Water Heater Magnesium Anode Rod
- Compatible with Suburban and Mor-Flo water heater tanks
- 3/4" NPT x 9 1/2" Anode Rod Magnesium
- 14 threads per inch
- Available in a pack of 2 rods and 1 roll PTFE Thread Seal Tape (12mm x 0.02mm x 5m)
- Able to save the tank from rusting using a chemical reaction called electrolysis
- Easy to install
- More efficient than aluminum zinc rods for attracting corrosive elements
- Prolongs the life of your water heater
- Protects your water tank against corrosion
- To install, use a 1 1/16" socket
- Use the included seal tape to tighten the screw, preventing looseness
- Drinking water safe
- Prop 65 for California residents