RV Kayak Rack Vertiyak Hitch Mount Standing Kayak Carrier - Fits up to 12' Kayaks
Kayaks and paddleboards add so much fun to a water vacation. From long journeys through rivers to a relaxing fishing trip, kayaking expands your vacationing ability into new and exciting waters. The question then becomes how to get it there. If you have the gear ready but are struggling to find a way to transport it, then look no further. This RV Kayak and Paddleboard rack is the perfect solution.
Measuring 66” high by 40” deep by 37” wide at the top and 20” wide at the bottom, the main beam and upper section are constructed of 14-gauge steel and the lower cradle is constructed of 11 gauge steel. It is powder-coated black to keep the color through movement and use. When in use, this is a vertical hitch mount. When you are not using it, you can fold it up to the side of your RV, up and out of the way. You can also remove it from the hitch receiver. Made in America, it’s durable, efficient, and sure to last you through many adventures.
This kayak rack is designed for kayaks and paddleboards up to 12 feet in length. It mounts to a 2” hitch receiver and works best with frame-welded receivers. It can store up to 2 kayaks/paddleboards and each kayak or paddleboard must have an end that can fit within the lower cradle, which is a 11 ½” by 17” hoop. This lower cradle hoop has holes for 3 different mounting heights. Altogether, the kayak rack weighs 46 pounds and can carry up to 150 pounds.
When placing the kayaks into the rack and adjusting the lower cradle, make sure there is adequate room between the kayak bottom and the ground in order to avoid ground scrape. Also be aware of overhead obstacles and the height of the kayaks (bridges, limbs, etc.). Always secure the kayaks with 2 ratcheting straps and use foam padding such as pool noodles around the lower cradle to further protect the kayaks and lower cradle. There are options for both of these securing mechanisms as well as for an anti-rattle device if your setup should require it.
Have any questions? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team today!
- RV Kayak and Paddleboard Rack
- Dimensions: 66”H x 40”D x 37”W (top) 20”W (bottom)
- Main beam and upper section: 14-gauge steel, 1/16” thickness
- Lower cradle: 11-gauge steel, 1/8” thickness
- Hitch: 2”
- Includes anti-rattle hitch tightener
- Powder-coated black
- Vertical hitch mount kayak carrier
- For kayaks and paddleboards up to 12 ft in length
- Mounts to a 2” hitch receiver (frame-welded receiver recommended)
- Can be mounted to a bumper with an RV bumper hitch
- Can store up to 2 kayaks/paddleboards
- One end of each kayak must fit within a 11 ½” by 17” lower hoop
- Kayak rack weight: 46 pounds
- Can carry up to 150 pounds
- Lower cradle hoop has holes for 3 different mounting heights
- Once installed, be sure of adequate clearance between your kayak and the ground to prevent ground scrape
- Always be aware of overhead obstacles (low bridges, limbs, etc.)
- Always secure kayaks or paddle boards with 2 ratcheting straps at strap loops
- Foam padding can be used on lower hoop to protect rack and kayak finish
- Includes ratchet straps and pool noodles for installation, color can vary from picture shown
- Folds up/flat and out of the way during storage
- Made in USA
- Pool noodles (2, assorted colors), zip ties and tie down straps do not come attached
- *Patent Pending