RV Air Conditioner Low Profile 9.5k Quiet AC Unit with Remote Control, Non-Ducted
Going on a road trip to visit all the amazing sights in this country sounds like a perfect journey for the summertime. Even a weekend stay at a local campground gets you away from the world long enough to relax and enjoy the warm sun and season. But sometimes, though, it can get a bit too warm. The sun can feel a bit more oppressive than relaxing and the humidity can make you feel like you're always sweating. To combat this, some people use a roof vent fan. While this helps get the air out, it doesn't help too much in keeping your rig cool. Of course, you could bring along a box fan, but that takes up precious space. Instead, you can use an RV Air Conditioner. With an air conditioning unit in your RV, you can increase the air circulation while adding temperature controlled air to your RV. Now, what often happens when you have an RV AC unit is the unit is loud, it drains a bunch of power, it doesn't work all that well, and it's not as powerful as you would have hoped. To help you have a great vacation while avoiding these problems, we have our line of RecPro air conditioners. They're powerful and have amazing temperature quality, while keeping the power draw and noise level down. If you're needing an AC unit for your RV or van conversion, then you're in the right place.
Our 9.5k RV Air Conditioner measures 22 5/16" wide by 39 7/16" long by 8 3/8" high for the outer unit and 21 1/8" wide by 21 15/16" long by 1 1/16" high for the inner plenum unit. The small size allows you to take full advantage of the air conditioner while not sacrificing as much in the way of roof space or interior ceiling space. Because it fits a 14" by 14" space, it can directly replace a 14" by 14" fan. The body is made of a lightweight UV stabilized polypropylene material that helps it to withstand tough conditions. Available in both black and white, this non-ducted air conditioner fits in nicely with any RV design scheme. In addition to being attractive, durable, and space-efficient, it also comes with removable screen filters for easy cleaning and replacement, which helps to extend the life of the unit.
The AC unit has several functions, including cooling, dehumidifying, fan, auto, clock and timer, sleep, and lock. These can be accessed from the remote control mainly, however, the inner plenum unit has a touch screen display for using the basic AC features. The LED displays are easy to read and understand, with an increased functionality to add to the convenience. The filters are accessed through this plenum unit, making maintenance simple and easy. All in all, this AC unit can cool rooms of up to 400 square feet. Within this space, though, you're not going to need to worry about shouting over the AC unit. The low decibel readings of 54.7 mean that you can relax to a gentle whirl rather than the sound of a leaf blower on your roof.
The maximum power input of this unit is 1590 Watts and the maximum current is 14.6 Amps, leading to an energy efficiency rating of 5.97. When you are installing it, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, the roof must be able to support the weight of the unit (about 65 pounds). Second, the roof needs to fit within the available thickness of the unit (between 1" and 3 3/8"). If your roof is thicker than this amount, then a thick roof kit would need to be installed as well. Third, the AC unit should be installed in the center of the roof and facing the front so that it can have an even amount of airflow. Finally, the angle of inclination for the AC unit shouldn't be more than 5" and the rear of the AC shouldn't be higher than the front. When you are installing this unit, we recommend at least 2-3 people for the job.
Why choose this model? Well, the answers are simple and numerous.
- This isn't just a cheap rooftop AC unit. Unlike other models that are made of cheap plastic that has been molded to shape around the unit, these are made from high-quality, tough plastic built to withstand what life throws at it. In warmer climates, other models of air conditioning units can melt from the heat. Not this one. Built tough and built durable, this AC unit will last you through a good many adventures.
- The remote that is included with the model allows you to control the temperature and settings of the unit from the comfort of your couch. Are you worried that you'll lose it? We've thought of that, too. Along with the remote is a wall carrier for the remote. Simply place it in an easy to reach location and rest the remote in it. The digital display on the inner plenum unit of the air conditioner allows you to control it without the remote as well, just in case you really do lose the remote.
- There are many amazing features on this RV AC unit, however, one of the best ones is the dehumidifying feature. Helping you control the amount of humidity that's inside of your RV, this air conditioning unit doesn't just keep you cool.
- The second amazing feature to pay attention to is the temperature monitoring system. If you like to leave the AC unit on while you sleep, you can often wake up to a freezing room. Because our bodies are naturally cooler when we sleep, leaving on the air conditioner can make your morning feel like ice. To prevent this, the air conditioning unit has a temperature monitoring system that senses the temperature of the surrounding air and adjusts to accommodate whatever temperature you've set it to, keeping you comfortable even through the night.
- Most RV air conditioning units blow the air from the top unit through the space between them and out of the bottom unit without a tube to control the air. With the air moving around in the space between, it loses some of the temperature quality and cleanliness. With the directional tube in this model, the airflow is controlled to provide optimal temperature quality and cleanliness.
- The low amp draw on this model enables it to not only keep your energy use lower than other models, but it allows you to use more than just the AC unit at one time. For other models that have a higher amp draw, you have to think about how many appliances are on that circuit, as the circuit breaker can only handle so much. With the low amp draw of this model, however, you have more room for other appliances. Saving you power and frustration, it's definitely the best model for energy efficiency.
- Because of the directional air tube, the high-quality design, and the efficient cooling and temperature control system, this AC unit produces air that is of very high quality. Temperature and humidity-controlled for your desired environment, you can feel the difference with this model.
- Perhaps the most important feature of this air conditioning unit is the noise level. Many of the models that come with your RV are loud and a bit obnoxious. Even those that you replace it with can be loud enough for you to notice it. This model, however, only produces 54.7 decibels of sound when on high. For reference, that's about as loud as a gentle rain; not loud at all. With this low sound level, you can relax in your RV, have a conversation, or watch your movie, all without competing with the AC unit.
- You do not need to spend extra money on a soft start, as our RecPro Air Conditioner does not require the use of one. A soft start is a device designed to protect your AC unit by reducing the influx of power when your RV battery is initially turned on, which could otherwise cause damage to your AC unit. A soft start device can easily cost $300 or more, making a big impact on your wallet. However, our AC unit does not require the use of a soft start, saving you cash before you even install it.
With a high-quality air conditioner like this one, you can feel super comfortable and cool all summer long. There are a few things you can do to help it out, though, extending the unit's life and keeping you even more comfortable.
Close all the doors, windows, skylights, and other openings. You might be tempted to keep them open to encourage air flow, however, this is just letting the cool air out and the warm air in. Also, draw the curtains, park in the shade, and open the awning. This helps to keep the sunlight off of the side of your RV as well as out of your RV, keeping you cooler.
Turn off unnecessary electrical appliances and cook outside if possible. These two things will help to decrease the electricity used as well as decrease the heat that is created inside of the RV. This will leave more power available for the AC unit as well as help it maintain a cooler temperature inside of the RV.
If you are in an area with exceptionally high temperatures, turn on the AC unit in advance during the morning. This keeps it working well, as it doesn't need to fight as hard to lower the temperature in the morning. Also, to prevent frequent starting and stopping of the unit, adjust the set temperature of the remote control.
There isn't too much maintenance that you’ll need to do for this AC unit. There are only two areas that need attention. First is the filter. For the filter, check it regularly and clean it with warm water and a little bit of detergent. Dry is completely before placing it back into the unit. Do this weekly or as frequently as possible, as a dirty filter can decrease the air flow and lead to poor cooling performance. Second, check the four bolts that hold the unit in place. You should check these for tightness three months after you have installed the unit. Then, check them every year throughout the life of the AC unit. If you are not using the AC unit or the RV frequently, then the unit should be used for 20-30 minutes every six months.
With a high-quality air conditioning unit like this one, you can spend your vacations relaxing rather than sweating. Quiet, space and power efficient, and with great power and temperature quality, you just can't go wrong. Have any questions? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team today!
- Outdoor unit dimensions: 21 1/2"W x 39 1/2"L x 9"H
- Plenum (ceiling assembly) unit dimensions: 22 1/4"W x 21"L x 2"H
- Direct replacement for 14" x 14" fan
- Use a minimum of 12 gauge wire for installation
- Colors: black and white (both black and white colors have a white interior plenum unit)
- Come with removable screen filters that can be cleaned and replaced
- Remote control with cooling, dehumidifying, sleep, and timing functions (stored inside AC unit display for protection during shipping)
- Ultra low plenum design and streamlined canopy design
- Easy to read LED display
- Easy to remove and clean air filter
- Lightweight UV stabilized polypropylene chassis and canopy able to withstand tough conditions
- Low amp draw allows for limited amps or generators in operation, rather than adding on a soft-start unit
- Temperature control for rooms up to 400 square feet
- Low noise
- Indoor High speed: 54.7
- Indoor Low speed: 51.4
- Outdoor: 67.9
- 2-year manufacturer warranty
- If the roof's thickness is greater than 3 3/8", you can purchase a thick roof kit to suit your unit
- Minimum roof thickness is 1"
- Best installed on a flat roof - less than 5 degrees inclination
- *Make sure to create a tight seal between air conditioner unit and the roof. A poor seal can lead to the compressor cycling on and off
- *Do not include a wall thermostat
- *Does not work with other brand wall thermostats
- *Will not control the furnace, only the air conditioning unit
- *Fan will run continuously when in 'Auto' mode.
** If installed on a curved/mesa/grooved/otherwise not smooth and flat roof, you may need a frame or filler for the gaps as well as sealant. Any modifications to the AC unit itself will void the warranty **
**This AC Unit is not intended for marine use.**
- Power supply: 115V/60Hz
- Refrigerant charged: R410A/430g
- Rated cooling capacity: 9500BTU/H
- Input needed for cooling: 1370 W
- Rated current for cooling: 12.6 A
- Maximum power input: 1590 W
- Maximum Amp Draw: 14.6Amps
- Startup Amp Draw: 14.6Amps
- Energy Efficiency Rating (EER): 6.93
- Maximum design pressure: 600PSIG
- Minimum design pressure: 236PSIG
- CFM (high speed): 235
- Installed weight: approx. 68 pounds
- Recommended for space up to 400 Square Feet
- Recommended wire gauge: 12 AWG or larger
- Does not require the use of a soft start
**There is an extra $75 shipping charge for residential addresses**