RV Air Conditioner 13.5K Quiet AC Unit with Remote Control, Non-Ducted
While the summer is a great time to go camping, there are a few considerations like bugs, the sun, and the heat. While we can't remove the bugs from your campsite or shield you from the sun, one thing we can do is help you deal with the heat. By installing an air conditioning unit in your RV, you are not only helping to feel more comfortable in your rig, but you're also creating an environment that brings your vacation one step close to perfection. But we want to give you even more. For example, what if you camp not only in the warmer months but in the cooler months as well? What if you don't want to hear the low hum of an AC unit while you're trying to sleep? And what if you want to save on power so that you can use other devices rather than devoting all of your electricity to your RV air conditioner? Here at RecPro, we want to give you what you want. We want to give you an air conditioner that can switch to heating, can operate at fewer amps, is quieter, and still has amazing temperature quality. And with this air conditioning unit, that's exactly what we're offering.
Why choose this model? Well, the answers are simple and numerous.
- This isn't just a cheap rooftop AC unit. Unlike other models that are made of cheap plastic that has been molded to shape around the unit, these are made from high-quality, tough plastic built to withstand what life throws at it. In warmer climates, other models of air conditioning units can melt from the heat. Not this one. Built tough and built durable, this AC unit will last you through a good many adventures.
- The remote that is included with the model allows you to control the temperature and settings of the unit from the comfort of your couch. Are you worried that you'll lose it? We've thought of that, too. Along with the remote is a wall carrier for the remote. Simply place it in an easy to reach location and rest the remote in it. The digital display on the inner plenum unit of the air conditioner allows you to control it without the remote as well, just in case you really do lose the remote.
- There are many amazing features on this RV AC unit, however, one of the best ones is the dehumidifying feature. Helping you control the amount of humidity that's inside of your RV, this air conditioning unit doesn't just keep you cool.
- The second amazing feature to pay attention to is the temperature monitoring system. If you like to leave the AC unit on while you sleep, you can often wake up to a freezing room. Because our bodies are naturally cooler when we sleep, leaving on the air conditioner can make your morning feel like ice. To prevent this, the air conditioning unit has a temperature monitoring system that senses the temperature of the surrounding air and adjusts to accommodate whatever temperature you've set it to, keeping you comfortable even through the night.
- Most RV air conditioning units blow the air from the top unit through the space between them and out of the bottom unit without a tube to control the air. With the air moving around in the space between, it loses some of the temperature quality and cleanliness. With the directional tube in this model, the airflow is controlled to provide optimal temperature quality and cleanliness.
- The low amp draw on this model enables it to not only keep your energy use lower than other models, but it allows you to use more than just the AC unit at one time. For other models that have a higher amp draw, you have to think about how many appliances are on that circuit, as the circuit breaker can only handle so much. With the low amp draw of this model, however, you have more room for other appliances. Saving you power and frustration, it's definitely the best model for energy efficiency.
- Because of the directional air tube, the high-quality design, and the efficient cooling and temperature control system, this AC unit produces air that is of very high quality. Temperature and humidity-controlled for your desired environment, you can feel the difference with this model.
- Perhaps the most important feature of this air conditioning unit is the noise level. Many of the models that come with your RV are loud and a bit obnoxious. Even those that you replace it with can be loud enough for you to notice it. This model, however, only produces 59.7 decibels of sound when on high. For reference, that's about as loud as a gentle rain; not loud at all. With this low sound level, you can relax in your RV, have a conversation, or watch your movie, all without competing with the AC unit.
- Our RV air conditioner model does NOT require the use of a soft start device. A soft start device is a tool that protects an AC unit by reducing the initial influx of current to the AC when your RV battery is turned on. When your RV battery is initially turned on it can put out a charge that is too high for your AC to handle, which can result in malfunction or damage to the unit. Soft start devices can be very expensive, often costing $300 or more! With our RV AC model you will not need to worry about having a soft start, saving you cash before you even install the AC!
|Houghton||Competitor A||Competitor B
|Approx. Full-Load Amps/Cooling||14A||15.3A||15.9A|
|Cubic Feet Per Minute||375||320||387|
|dB Indoor High Speed||59.7 db||67 db||70.4 db|
|dB Indoor Low Speed||55.4 db||59 db||61.1 db|
This air conditioning unit measures 26-3/4" wide by 39-5/16" long by 13-11/16" high on the side of the unit that sits outside of your RV and 21-1/8" wide by 21-15/16" long by 1-11/16" high for the interior ceiling assembly. This AC unit is non-ducted and comes in the two colors of black or white. Attractive and durable, it runs off 115V power. Unlike other AC units on the market, this RV air conditioner has a much quieter sound level. Have you ever turned on the TV and the air conditioner only to find out that you can't hear your show over the AC unit? This model solves that problem with a low decibel level of 59.7 (which is about the level of a casual conversation or a gentle rain). Now, instead of choosing between a quiet night in and a cool night in, you can have both. The quality of the temperature control is also quite high, giving you a more comfortable and consistent temperature and internal environment. In addition to being convenient for your environment and comfort, this AC unit is convenient for your energy usage and, in return, your wallet. Because of the lower amps on this unit, it uses less power and less money that you can use towards the other devices and appliances in your RV. With the low power draw, you don't have to chooses between plugging in your microwave or plugging in your AC unit. Now, you can enjoy the conveniences of both. As a plus, you don't even need a start-up capacitor. Included with this unit is a remote control that allows you to change the settings while not leaving the comfort of your favorite piece of furniture. With comfort like this, you can spend your vacation how you want to spend it instead of fussing over the heat.
- Outdoor unit dimensions: 26-3/4"W x 39-5/16"L x 13-11/16"H
- Plenum (ceiling assembly) unit dimensions: 21-1/8"W x 21-15/16"L x 1-11/16"H
- Direct replacement for 14" x 14" fan
- Use a minimum of 12 gauge wire for installation
- Colors: black and white (both black and white colors have a white interior plenum unit)
- Come with removable screen filters that can be cleaned and replaced
- Remote control with cooling, dehumidifying, dry, sleep, and timing functions (stored inside AC unit display for protection during shipping)
- Ultra low plenum design and streamlined canopy design
- Easy to read LED display
- Easy to remove and clean air filter
- Lightweight UV stabilized polypropylene chassis and canopy able to withstand tough conditions
- Low amp draw allows for limited amps or generators in operation, rather than adding on a soft start unit
- Temperature control for rooms up to 650 square feet
- Low noise
- Indoor High speed: 59.7
- Indoor Low speed: 55.4
- Outdoor: 71.9
- 2-year manufacturer warranty
- If the roof's thickness is greater than 3 3/8", you can purchase a thick roof kit to suit your unit
- Minimum roof thickness is 1"
- Best installed on a flat roof - less than 5 degrees inclination
- *Make sure to create a tight seal between air conditioner unit and the roof. A poor seal can lead to the compressor cycling on and off
- *Do not include a wall thermostat
- *Does not work with other brand wall thermostats
- *Will not control the furnace, only the air conditioning unit
- *Fan will run continuously when in 'Auto' mode.
** If installed on a curved/mesa/grooved/otherwise not smooth and flat roof, you may need a frame or filler for the gaps as well as sealant. Any modifications to the AC unit itself will void the warranty **
**This AC Unit is not intended for marine use.**
- Power supply: 115V/60Hz
- Refrigerant charged: R410A/470g
- Rated cooling capacity: 13500BTU/H
- Input needed for cooling: 1300W
- Rated current for cooling: 12Amp
- Maximum power input: 1550W
- Maximum Amp Draw: 14Amps
- Startup Amp Draw: 14Amps
- Energy Efficiency Rating (EER): 10.38
- Maximum design pressure: 550PSIG
- Minimum design pressure: 236PSIG
- CFM (high speed): 375
- Installed weight: approx. 73.7 pounds
- Recommended for space up to 650 Square Feet
- Recommended wire gauge: 12 AWG or larger
- Does not require a soft start
**There is an extra $75 shipping charge for residential addresses**
While this air conditioner is powerful and efficient, there are ways to further cool your rig down and keep your air conditioner from doing all the work by itself. Close all the doors to your rig as well as skylights and windows so that the colder air does not escape and so that hot air does not replace it. Close the curtains and open the awning to keep the heat of the sun from warming up your rig. Cook outside whenever possible and park your RV in the shade if there is any available to park under. Doing this will keep the heat down quite a bit. Next, turn off any unnecessary appliances to give more energy to the air conditioner and adjust the temperature settings of the AC unit at cooler points of the day, rather than turning it off. This will prevent frequent starting and stopping of the unit. During days of extremely high temperatures, turn on the unit before the day starts so that it can adjust to a lower temperature first and gradually cool down your interior living space. Doing these will help the life of your AC unit and cool down your rig even further.
Many people who have air conditioning units in their RV also have fans. This is a terrific way to create air circulation to clean up your air, keep your space fresh, and help even out the temperature to a more relaxing level. You can place the air conditioning unit at one end of your rig and the fan at the other end, pushing in air with the AC unit and pulling the air back out again with the fan. This air flow is great, especially if you place the fan above your kitchen, which is a place where heat, humidity, and smells can accumulate and cause problems. Using this method, you can have even more use from an RV air conditioner, creating the RV interior feel that you're looking for.
While those tips increase the life of the unit in an indirect way, there are more direct steps you can take to keep up the life of your air conditioner. The most important step is to maintain the return air filter. This part needs regular maintenance. To clean it, check the filter each week and wash it with warm water and a little detergent if it looks dirty. Make sure the filter is dry before replacing it. After the first three months, you should also check that the bolts holding the unit on are still stable. After this, these bolts should be checked once a year throughout the life of the unit. If you only use the unit occasionally, then it should be operated for about 20-30 minutes every six months.
Ready to replace your older model air conditioner with a high-quality, low-energy, and quiet-functioning unit? Just stop on by and check this model out! Have any questions? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team today!