RV A/C Unit Extending Air Duct for Thick Roofs <5-1/2" (3400 Low Profile Model)
Having an air conditioner in your RV means the difference between sweating through another warm summer day and enjoying your free time in comfort. The problem you sometimes come across is when your RV has a thicker roof. Many RV AC units are built for thinner, more standard roofs. If you are working with a thicker roof or a conversion vehicle, this can be a big problem. You could think that using the air conditioner without the air duct could be okay for this situation, but this will negatively affect the quality of the air as well as the effectiveness of the air conditioner. Instead, you could solve this problem with an extending air duct. Built to extend the channel for your RV AC unit, this is the perfect way to fit your standard air conditioner to your thicker roof.
This AC extending air duct for thick roofs measures 10" in diameter and can extend from 2 1/2" to 10" in length. Made of gray durable plastic, the accordion-style construction holds up to the use of the AC unit. Along with the extender itself, there are two blue connection covers to create a more stable connection where the extender reaches both the top AC unit and the bottom AC unit. This extender works with our 3400 model AC unit. When thick roofs are your problem, this extender is the solution.
Don't let thick roofs keep you from having a high-quality AC unit. Instead, install an AC extending air duct and keep your vacation cool and comfortable. Here at RecPro, we want you to have the best RV experience possible, which includes the air quality inside of your rig. With the air conditioner and extender combo available, you can have the best RV trip yet. Have any questions? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team today!
- 10" diameter
- 2.5"-10" length
- Plastic body
- Color: Gray
- Accordion-style construction
- Blue connection cover
- Extends air duct channel to fit thicker RV roofs up to 5 1/2" thick
- This product adds up to 10" to your total roof thickness
- Works with our 3400 model AC unit
- Mounting hardware included
- Unscrew the pre-installed ducting.
- With the old duct removed, twist off the white mounting ring from the duct.
- Twist the extended duct into the mounting ring and screw the ducting into the bottom of the air conditioner.
- Re-attach the other end of the ducting into the plenum.