Go Power! 100-Watt Flexible RV Solar Panel Kit
Solar power is on the move! With additions being made to homes and businesses, RVs and trailers are next up on the list. While it can be difficult to install solar panels on a moving vehicle, it's not impossible. All you have to do is find the right panel. We'll save you the wondering; this is the right panel. Due to its lightweight and flexible nature, it can be installed on curved roofs and flat roofs, taking up no more vertical space than 1/8", and keeping the trailer or camper sleek and aerodynamic, perfect for the road or for the campground.
This solar power set up is primarily a battery charger for RVs, boats, trailers, work trucks, long haul trailers, sleeper cabs, and more. This clean, quiet, versatile, and sustainable power source silently adds power to your power bank without any of the harmful vapors or risks of other power sources. In addition, you won't have anyone coming up to you complaining about how loud your generator is. This thin, lightweight solar panel is perfect for RVs, as it doesn't add as much weight as other solar panel models (82% less than other models, to be precise). Now, the size and weight isn't the only amazing part of this unit. The second great perk is that it conforms to almost any surface and can be installed in a multitude of ways. It can be installed with screws or adhesive, with the adhesive depending on the roof membrane material. The solar panel can bend up to 30 degrees, though it should not be bent any further than 30 degrees. Over the whole unit, there is a layer of impermeable lamination. This coating is what allows it to contour and flex against a curved surface, which eliminates the need for creating a custom mount for the curved roof.
Included in this kit are the 100W/6.28A solar charging kit, a 30A dual-bank bluetooth PWM solar controller, 25 feet of red MC4 output cable, and 25 feet of black MC4 output cable. The panel measures less than 1/8" thick and contains high-efficiency monocrystalline cells that produce more power per square foot than any other flexible panel on the market.
Now, there is one thing to keep in mind with solar panels; cleanliness. If your solar panel is covered with snow or leaves, the sun won't get through and you won't get power. Because of this, there are a few cleaning considerations. Clean the solar panels monthly or at least at the start and end of the season. Use water and a soft sponge or cloth for the whole unit and if you have some stubborn residue, you can use a mild, non-abrasive cleanser. Make sure you rinse it well and dry it off. In the drier months especially, cleaning is needed. This is because the dust and dirt is more able to get onto the solar panels. DO NOT use a pressure washer. Once cleaned, do a visual inspection, checking for cracks, missing or broken hardware, or other problems. Fix or replace any parts as necessary.
Solar power is an amazing addition to any RV, trailer, truck, or moving vehicle. With the ability to add on a lightweight, aerodynamic model, you can get more power for your many adventures. Have any questions? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team today!
- Solar Battery Charger for RVs, boats, trailers, work trucks, long haul trailers, sleeper cabs, and more
- Clean, quiet, versatile, and sustainable power source
- Thin, lightweight solar panel
- Designed to provide a powerful charging solution for batteries
- Is ideal for lightweight RVs (82 percent lighter than other models)
- Conforms to almost any surface
- The panel can be fixed by adhesive or screws, and grommets are provided for ease of installation
- Sealant/adhesive required will depend on the roof membrane material and is not included. Use an appropriate sealant as recommended by your RV dealer or manufacturer
- Panels are not recommended to bend beyond 30 degrees
- Solar panel is aerodynamic and durable
- High-efficiency monocrystalline cells produce more power per square foot than any other flexible panel on the market
- Impermeable lamination coats the entire module, allowing it to contour and flex against curved surfaces, eliminating any need for custom mounts
- 100W/6.28A solar charging kit
- 30-amp dual-bank, bluetooth PWM solar controller
- 25’ of MC4 output cable (red)
- 25’ of MC4 output cable (black)
- Measures less than ⅛” thick
- Rated power - 100W
- Maximum power - 17.5V
- Maximum power current - 5.68A
- Open circuit voltage - 21.0V
- Short circuit current - 6.28A
- Maximum system voltage - 600V DC
- Weight - 2.9 lbs
- Dimensions - 44.6 x 21.4 x 0.1 in