The propane system in your RV is important, as it is both powerful and sensitive. Propane gas is effective at its job but if something goes wrong such as a leak, it becomes dangerous, both as a fire hazard and as an air pollutant. These leaks can come from multiple events, such as if the fittings have come loose, if there was a tire blowout of another accident that damaged the propane lines, if some animals have caused damage to the lines, or if the propane lines are old and have ruptured due to pressure. Flow limiters, which are a very common safety device on propane systems, are only designed to shut off a portion of the flow, which is helpful to a limit. In the case of a major leak, you will still find yourself in a dangerous situation. To fully stop major leaks, you'll need a full-stop device, such as this propane emergency shut off valve.
This propane shut off valve is the only device on the market that will completely, mechanically shut off the flow of propane in the event of a major leak. If you have a travel trailer of 5th wheel with a DOT propane tank, then you'll need an ACME type connection, such as this model. It is recommended that you use one on each propane tank service valve, especially if you have an auto changeover regulator. This is to make sure that any source of propane is regulated and protected. This model has a type-1 QCC fitting, which works for any standard LPG cylinder. The inlet pressure is 0.3-16 bar, the flow rate/capacity is 1.5 kg/h, and the working pressure range is from 4PSIG to 250PSIG.
Keep your propane system safe with this shut off device and let your vacation continue worry free. Have any questions? Contact us online or call our friendly Customer Care team today!
- Emergency Shut Off Valve for ACME Type Connections
- 100% automatic shut off for major propane leaks
- Easy to install
- Easy to use
- Installs directly on LPG Tank
- Use only in a well-ventilated area
- Provides up to 19 feet of automatic major leak shut off protection at 90 PSIG of supply pressure
- Includes propane gas indicator
- May shut off the gas supply if the temperature drops to around freezing. In this event, try and restore the gas flow by pumping the device 4-6 time
- Fitting: Type-1 QCC (CGA 791) (G.9)
- Inlet pressure: 0.3-16 bar
- Flow rate/capacity: 1.5 kg/h
- Min working Pressure: 4PSIG
- Max Working Pressure: 250PSIG
- UL Listed
- Made in America
- *This is designed for major leak protection. It will not shut off in the case of a minor leak